- Travel Insurance. As the person making the booking, it is your responsibility to acquire suitable travel insurance to cover your stay, including Cancellation and Curtailment Protection Insurance. We strongly recommend that you take out suitable insurance to cover you for the possible cancellation of your trip.
- Notice. If You wish to cancel your booking, You must give Us notice in writing (which includes email).
- National Lockdown – In the event of a national lockdown that coincides with your booking, where you are unable to travel legally, and we are prevented from opening, You will receive a full refund.
- Regional/Local Lockdown – In the event that the address given on the booking form is put into a local/regional lockdown, rendering You unable to travel legally, and the period of restriction covers the period of your booking, You will receive a full refund. Please note that this applies only to the address given on the booking by the You, and does not apply if another member of your booking party from a different address is unable to travel due to a local/regional lockdown.
- Your inability (or the inability of any, some or all of your booking party) or disinclination to travel to and stay at your hired property for any reason. This includes, but is not limited to:
- illness (including Covid);
- a requirement or recommendation to self-isolate or quarantine;
- a call to jury duty;
- a change in personal or work circumstances;
- family emergencies;
- travel delays;
- vehicle breakdown; and
- delays with public transport.
The above are at your risk and do not give rise to a right to cancel or to receive a refund unless We are able re-let the property. You are strongly recommended to take out UK travel insurance to cover these eventualities. If You choose not to take out such insurance then You accept responsibility for any loss that You may incur due to your cancellation.
- From six weeks before your booking starts you are responsible for the full Rental Charge and we cannot refund unless we re-let the property. We will use reasonable endeavours to re-let a property if you cancel within the six weeks. If we re-let the property we will refund you the rebooking value (which might be less than the amount you paid) up to the full amount you paid.
- Refunds. All refunds will be subject to deduction of a non-refundable administration fee of £25 to cover our costs and third party costs related to the cancellation and remarketing (these costs include our administration costs, re-marketing costs, bank fees, and accounting fees).
- Cancellations made in writing (including email) more than six weeks before the start of Your booking. You will receive a refund of your deposit payment (less the £25 administration fee) within three working days of the cancellation being made.
- Cancellations made in writing (including email) less than six weeks out. You will receive a refund of all or part of the sum you have paid, depending on the value of a replacement booking, less the £25 administration fee, within three working days of the confirmation of the rebooking date (as the refund amount will depend on the rebooking value).
- Part Cancellations. If any person(s) in your booking party needs to cancel, this will not affect the total cost of your booking. In addition, no refunds are payable in the event that you cut short your stay.
Cancellation by Us
- Notice. If We have to cancel your booking, We will give You notice in writing (which includes email).
- We have the right to cancel your booking, or to instruct You, your booking party or any member of it, to vacate the property and depart our site immediately, without compensation or refund, should you or any member of your booking party fail to comply with this Contract, particularly the terms relating to behaviour and conduct.
- Subject to clause 33, if We have to cancel your booking for any reason, including events beyond our control, which may hinder or prevent the performance by us of the Contract, You will be refunded in full. We cannot accept any liability for any injury, loss or damage that You or a member of your booking party suffers because of events beyond our control. Events beyond our control include, but are not limited to, fire, flood, explosion, storms or other weather damage, break-in, criminal damage, riots or civil strife, industrial action, natural or nuclear disaster, epidemics and pandemics, adverse weather conditions, war or threat of war, actual or threatened terrorist activity and unavoidable technical problems with transport.